MAT² Application Process
How to Apply:
Candidates are invited to submit their application at any time. Applicants must successfully complete all of the following steps in order to be considered for the next round of application and company fairs. Please note that these steps may require several days to complete.
How to be a successful applicant
Completing the following are crucial steps towards being a successful applicant:
- Complete and submit your application early. Follow the application process and provide all required materials (include recommendation letters to make your application more competitive)
- Monitor your e-mails (frequently check your spam box) for employer communications
- MAT2 Resume Tips
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
What to Expect
Steps Following the Initial Application:
- Employer Review: Participating employers will review applications through Pure Michigan Talent Connect (mitalent.org). Interviews and selections will take place during this time. After employers review applications they will reach out directly only to those students they would like to interview.
- MAT2 Candidate Hire: After an applicant is interviewed employers will make their selections on who they will hire. Notification of job offers will be extended directly from the hiring employer. Applicants reserve the right to accept or decline any offers.
- Once you are hired: You will need to apply and be accepted to one of the participating MAT2 schools below, selected by your hiring employer:
Apply to Henry Ford College
Apply to Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Apply to Baker College Cadillac
As a reminder this is a competitive process, employers are reviewing all submitted documents and using that information to select who they will interview. You will stand out more by providing the most up to date information on your resume that is relevant to your program of interest; include letters of recommendation from employers, club leaders or school teachers/counselors that can speak to your academic/extracurricular involvement for example. Employers are looking to hire applicants for a full-time commitment that will rotate between school and work over a three year period.
**Only applicants hired by an employer for MAT2 will begin a program in Fall 2019.**
Create an account and include "MAT2" in your resume to be searched by employers.
Fall 2019 MAT2 Participating Employers
Michigan Advanced Technician Training (MAT²) Program
Gain the high-tech skills you need to succeed