MAT2 Student Information
Are you looking for a well-paying manufacturing or technology career without the worry of tuition? MAT² may be the answer for you!
This isn’t the production line technology of past generations – these are cutting-edge careers in advanced manufacturing using 3-D models, computer simulations, software development and more. MAT² provides students a three year career pathway to success as they alternate between classroom training and on the job, paid work experience.
Currently accepting applications for Fall 2019, submit by June 1, 2019
Benefits to students:
- College tuition paid for by an employer
- On-the-job training with pay
- Earn an associate degree
- An opportunity for employment upon successful completion of the program
Prospective Students Please Note:
- MAT² graduates commit to remaining on the job for at least two years after successful completion of the program.
- Students who leave the program or are removed for cause may be required to pay back (their employer) tuition costs and stipend paid on a pro-rated basis.
- Students are expected to come prepared to class and work, behave professionally, and be in good academic standing throughout the 3 year program.
- Students are expected to attend all competency based evaluations and be proficient in all of the curriculum defined task areas.
I’ve always been very interested in science and math, but it wasn’t until after I researched MAT2 that I discovered the program fit me like a glove. I’m earning a wage, and it was completely free schooling, which was one of my big concerns about college.” –Kelsey Erne, MAT² Graduate
Hear from MAT² Mechatronics Students → View videos from actual MAT2 students.
- Mechatronics Technician
Combination of electrical, mechanical, and electronic skills used to identify, analyze, and solve systems-based problems. A mechatronic technician will support engineers, modify machines, make minor changes, repair, test and provide maintenance for related equipment.
2019 College Partners: Baker College-Cadillac, Henry Ford College, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, Mechatronics MAT2 Curriculum
Mechatronics MAT2 Curriculum→
- CNC Manufacturing Technician
CNC manufacturing technicians set-up, operate and produce high quality products on computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools. Program participants will be competent in blueprint reading, gauging and inspection, statistical process control, mathematics, safety, and machine tooling.
2019 College Partners: Henry Ford College, Kalamazoo Valley Community College
CNC MAT2 Curriculum→
Watch a CNC Operator in action:
High School Seniors and Recent Graduates
Fall 2019 MAT2 Participating Employers
This is an opportunity for students to be interviewed by MAT2 Employers.
Companies who have completed a reservation form will interview students.
Get paid to go to school!