Being your own business owner can be a rewarding career path that many veterans have chosen to undertake. Find out more about how Michigan provides entrepreneurial support to start and operate a business in the state. The links below are resources that veterans can use to either learn about opening up a business or for current veteran business owners to help grow and develop their business further.
- Office of Veteran Business Development - Small Business Administration
- Veteran Entrepreneur Portal – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veteran Franchising Opportunities – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- VETFRAN – International Franchise Association
- Michigan Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
The Additional Information section contains information on the following topics:
- Veterans Benefits & Services Booklet – Federal
- Veterans Benefits & Services Booklet – State of Michigan
- Veterans Service Officers and Veterans Trust Fund Agents – State of Michigan
- eBenefits – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Benefits Administration – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Health Administration – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veteran Service Organizations (VSO) – Detroit Regional Benefits Office
- Veterans Justice Outreach (VJO) Program – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Center for Women Veterans – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Social Security Administration
- Unemployment Insurance Agency – State of Michigan
- Michigan Rehabilitative Services – State of Michigan
Don't miss out claiming your Veteran's Preference!
Have you served in the U.S. Military? If so, add your veteran status to your Talent Connect profile.
Employment, Veterans Homes, Quality of Life, Education, Healthcare
Visit VA's Veteran Employment Services Office website for more resources.