This isn’t the production line technology of your grandparents or your parents – these are cutting-edge careers using 3-D models, computer simulations, software development and more.
Possible career paths include:
- Assemblers & Fabricators - Average Assemblers and Fabricators Pay & Statistics | Search for Assemblers and Fabricators Jobs
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator - Average Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator Pay & Statistics | Search for Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator Jobs
- Grinding & Polishing Workers - Average Grinding and Polishing Workers Pay & Statistics | Search for Grinding and Polishing Workers Jobs
- Inspectors - Average Inspectors Pay & Statistics | Search for Inspectors Jobs
- Machine Operator - Average Machine Operator Pay & Statistics | Search for Machine Operator Jobs
- Production Workers - Average Production Workers Pay & Statistics | Search for Production Workers Jobs
- Tool & Die Makers - Average Tool & Die Makers Pay & Statistics | Search for Tool & Die Makers Jobs
- Welders, Cutters, Solderers & Brazers - Average Welders, Cutters, Solderers and Brazers Pay & Statistics | Search for Welders, Cutters, Solderers and Brazers Jobs
Learn about Ferris State University's Welding Program.
Michigan leads the nation with an increase of 145,300 manufacturing jobs since 2009?
Manufacturers in Michigan employed 600,200 workers in 2016? The most recent data available shows these workers had an annual average compensation of $77,277 in 2015.
In 2016, the largest single automotive related manufacturing sector, Transportation equipment manufacturing, provided 180,100 jobs in Michigan? Michigan jobs in this industry accounted for 11.1 percent of national employment in the sector.
The other automotive-related industries in the Manufacturing sector include machinery manufacturing, plastics and rubber products, and primary and fabricated metals? Combined these industries employed 215,900 workers in 2016.
Gross State Product (GSP) in the Manufacturing sector accounted for 19.2 percent of total GSP in Michigan during 2016?
Michigan Manufacturers celebrated the companies and the careers that drive the industry on October 5, 2018. Manufacturing Day is a celebration of modern manufacturing meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturers. Companies around Michigan hosted events to introduce students and educators to the opportunities available in the industry and highlight modern manufacturing to businesspeople, media and politicians. Learn more →
Northwest Community Schools integrate concepts of manufacturing and engineering.
Take an Advanced Manufacturing Skilled Trades tour with Tom Daldin at FANUC America Corporation.
Take a Manufacturing Skilled Trades tour with Tom Daldin at DeWys Manufacturing.
Tom Daldin talks to children about early curiosities and Skilled Trade jobs in Michigan.
Educational institutions that offer Skilled Trades training and programs.