Beginning March 18, 2020, Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) local offices will be closed for visits from the public, except for customers with appointments. These changes will remain effective as long as necessary for the health and safety of the public.
UIA offices will continue to serve the public and eligible employees are encouraged to:
Due to increased call volumes, for faster service, file your unemployment claim online through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM). Filing online is easy, convenient, and is available 24 hours a day. Click on MiWAM for Workers to begin your claim. View the MiWAM Toolkit for Claimants for step by step instructions on how create your account.
For information on filing a claim, view Fact Sheet 160 - Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Apply for assistance with health insurance, food, and other needs
- Find resources in your local community
- Locate your local school meal pickup site
- Resources for small businesses
- Contact the U.S. Disaster Distress Hotline for 24/7 crisis counseling