Careers in Energy
With a wide range of careers from lineman to pipefitters to a power plant operator there is sure to be a career in energy that is right for you.
Possible Career paths include:
- Lineman - Average Pay & Statistics | Search for Lineman Jobs
- Wind Turbine Service Technician - Average Pay & Statistics | Search for Wind Turbine Service Technician Jobs
- Utility Technician - Average Pay & Statistics | Search for Utility Technician Jobs
- Pipefitter - Average Pay & Statistics | Search for Pipefitter Jobs
- Power Plant Operator - Average Pay & Statistics | Search for Power Plant Operator Jobs
- Electrical Engineers - Average Pay & Statistics | Search for Electrical Engineers Jobs
The Energy Industry Cluster held 98,300 jobs as of the second quarter of 2016? The cluster has grown by 13.5 percent since the second quarter of 2012, about four percentage points faster than the all-industry average.
Energy Efficiency is the largest component of the Energy Industry Cluster, where nearly 60 percent of the cluster’s jobs are found? Energy Efficiency is also the fastest-growing portion of the Energy Industry Cluster, up about 19 percent from 2012 to 2016.
Although it was the smallest component in 2012, Alternative and Renewable Energy has grown by 10.7 percent since 2012, outpacing Oil & Gas Exploration, Extraction, and Wholesaling?
About 1 in 40 Michiganders were employed in the Energy Industry Cluster in the second quarter of 2016?
Workers in energy made about $67,700 annually in 2016 on average, higher than the all-industry annual wage of $48,500?
Michigan’s energy industry accounts for more than 99,000 jobs with total demand projected to increase by nine percent through 2024. Consumers Energy, DTE Energy and the Lansing Board of Water and Light hosted student tours of their facilities during Careers in Energy Week October 16-20.